Find out the name and artist of the song playing
Shazam is a powerful app which allows you to recognize what song you are hearing by allowing the app to listen for only a few seconds. Shazam listens through your microphone, comparing what it hears to a database of millions of songs and searching for identifying characteristics. Effortlessly cutting through even severe background noise and chatter, Shazam can identify songs in a matter of a few short seconds, even in a crowded bar on a Friday night.
Just launch the app and click the "Shazam" button (or leave the app on auto-listen in your pocket) and new songs will be recognized and added to your "My Shazam" list. Here you can see song names, artists, date recognized, a short audio preview, and links to play or purchase the song in several popular stores including Google Play, Napster, Deezer, Spotify, and iTunes. Songs can also be shared using social media or email. View lyrics, see similar songs and recommendations, and artist profiles.
If you are interested in what songs others are discovering around you, you can click on the "Discover" tab and see Shazamed songs placed on a map of where they were discovered. You can even see what songs are trending around you in your region or country and, of course, play or download those songs.
- A powerful app--can recognize songs in a few short seconds even with severe background noise and loud conversations.
- Accurate--rarely makes mistakes.
- Allows sharing of newly-discovered songs via social media (WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Messages, Email, and others).
- Links to purchase recognized songs or others like them.
- Suggests other music for you based on your discoveries--find out your music style today!
- See what songs are trending around you.
- Different versions of the app have reported instability.
Thanks for Shazaming! We’re always working hard to make the app faster and better than ever. Update to the most recent version to enjoy the latest and greatest Shazam.
Don’t forget to keep your Shazams safe and in sync between your devices. Simply create an account and we’ll back up your Shazams so you’ll never lose them.
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback is music to our ears, and it helps us make Shazam even better. Got a question? Visit support.shazam.com.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.